Welcome To Ignite Fitness
The ONLY Full-service Health Club In New Paltz!
Ignite Fitness is an independently owned and operated gym dedicated to serving the local community with professional, friendly, and trained fitness personnel. Our flexible approach to gym memberships and non-intimidating atmosphere allow for a stellar workout experience.
The staff is always available to help with any problems or answer any questions you may have.
Want to experience Ignite Fitness before becoming a member?
Ignite Fitness: Sweat Local, Sweat Often!
Updated Class Schedule
Ignite's new group fitness schedule starts Monday, January 6th, 2014.
Hoop Dance Lessons at Ignite Fitness
Private and small group (2-3 people) lessons scheduled with instructor during times when the group fitness room is available.
No experience necessary! Beginners are welcome.
Special introductory offer (Good until February 15th) Buy one lesson (or 5 lesson package) and get one free lesson.
For more information or to schedule lessons, please contact the instructor:
Amy Laber at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 797-0110
Rates (1 hour lesson):
- 1 Lesson: $55/hour, 2 people= $80/hour, 3 people= $90/hour
- 5 Lesson Package: $45/hour, 2 people= $70/hour, 3 people= $75/hour
Benefits of hoop dance:
Great cardiovascular exercise, encourages weight loss, enhances flexibility, strengthens abdominal muscles, increases energy, builds core strength, develops balance and coordination, relieves stress and it's fun!
What we will work on
Lessons may include on the body (waist, hips, chest, shoulders, knees) and off the body hooping. Developing "flow" (gracefully linking one move to the next) will be encouraged.
How to dress/what to bring
- Dress comfortably, but try not to wear anything bulky. I find that yoga clothes work best. Clothing that is made of natural fibers that fit snug to the skin will allow the hoop to move freely around you. Bare skin is good too, as it will give the hoop a little grip.
- Wear comfortable shoes that won't come off your feet (sneakers work well) or barefoot is fine.
- Bring water. You will probably work up a sweat — Hooping is awesome cardio!
- Bring your favorite hoop if you have one. Classroom hoops will also be provided.
- Students must be 18 years old
- Students must sign a standard liability waiver prior to receiving instruction.
- Lessons are one hour long. Lessons are intended for beginner-intermediate students.
- 10% Discount for Ignite Fitness members
- Full payment for one lesson or series of lessons is due on the first day of lessons.
Ignite now offers Free WiFi to members!
For more details please contact us or stop by the front desk.
Interested In A FREE Gym Membership?
We're looking for reliable people interested in being barter members of Ignite Fitness. In exchange for one and a half hours of cleaning per week, you get a FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP!
Please speak with the front desk representative for more information or to apply!